- Lynson on Preschool: The Answer to Los Angeles’s Academic Troubles?
- Kimberly on Preschool: The Answer to Los Angeles’s Academic Troubles?
- Becky Shaw on A neighborhood icon survives the swirl of urban change
- poop on Olvera Street and the urbanization of Los Angeles
- Jacqueline Vargas on Former Fremont High teachers join charter school movement
Author Archives: Samantha Hermann
By Samantha Hermann When Vince St. Thomas showed up at the food court of the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza mall to do a crossword puzzle he was taken aback by what he found. The center of the food court had … Continue reading
View South Los Angeles VITA Centers in a larger map Two-hundred dollars. That is the base rate Liberty Tax’s Watts branch said it charges to prepare a simple tax return. According to 2000 census data the median household income in … Continue reading
Austin Dragon does not have much experience in politics; he has spent the last 16 years of his life working as a corporate recruiter. He describes himself as an “average person” from the private sector. And this is exactly why … Continue reading
One-thousand one-hundred and thirty people “like” the Community Coalition of South LA’s (CoCo) Facebook page. This seems like a respectable number for a relatively small advocacy group based in a low-income community where not everyone is toting an iPhone and … Continue reading