- Lynson on Preschool: The Answer to Los Angeles’s Academic Troubles?
- Kimberly on Preschool: The Answer to Los Angeles’s Academic Troubles?
- Becky Shaw on A neighborhood icon survives the swirl of urban change
- poop on Olvera Street and the urbanization of Los Angeles
- Jacqueline Vargas on Former Fremont High teachers join charter school movement
Author Archives: ljnelson
The second of a two-part series on the services provided by Homeless Healthcare Los Angeles. View Homeless Healthcare Los Angeles in a larger map The gravelly squeak of a shopping cart’s wheels against the cracked sidewalks of Skid Row pierces … Continue reading
The first of a two-part series on the services provided by Homeless Healthcare Los Angeles. The clients who walk through the doors of Homeless Healthcare Los Angeles share many of the same stories: homeless, jobless, struggling with addictions, estranged from … Continue reading
By Laura J. Nelson Obinne Onyeador remembers when the streets of Leimert Park were jumping all night. Until 4 a.m. and later, the gallery owner would hear saxophones wail from inside Fifth Street Dick’s, where men and women from all … Continue reading